French Roses Background

Friday, May 4, 2012

Let There Be Squash!

Although it's been quite balmy today, I have to say that this spring has been completely loverly!

There has been enough rain that I've not had to water any of the trees we planted in January.  And there is a great bumper crop of greens!!  Not only do we eat salad and sauteed greens several times a week, but I've also provided a monstrous salad to feed about 25 people - Twice!

The tomato plants aren't too happy with all the rain we've been getting.  They're usually hip-high & in bloom by now.  I just pray we don't get a sudden monstrous heat wave Southeast Texas is known for that kills them before we even have a chance to put up a batch or ten of Pasta Sawce. . .

However.  There.  Will.  Be.  Squash.


So much squash that after Princess #2 reported 85 blossoms, she stated, "Well, I guess it's time for me to learn to really like squash. . . "

And oh, the figs!  How I love figs!!  The branches are just loaded this year - I can't wait to breakfast on Greek yogurt, fresh figs & local honey.  Then I'll make a Fresh Fig Tart with Rosemary Cornmeal Crust and Lemon Mascarpone Cream.  Maybe a batch or two of homemade Italian Fig Cookies.  And, of course, there'll be Fresh Fig Ice Cream. . .

That is, if I don't eat them all before they make into the mixing bowl. . . 



4 comments:

  1. Your post have the information that is help full and very informative. I would like you to keep up the good work you know how to make your post understandable for most of the people.
    Rinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi writer i am read your blogs this is very useful information you have post for users i love blogs for read and i like to write some my idea for discussion so it is best way to share your knowledge thanks for post nice information.keep it up.
    estetik

    ReplyDelete
  4. the branches are just loaded this year - I can't wait to breakfast on Greek yogurt, fresh figs & local honey.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete