French Roses Background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Two More Projects

Not much has changed since the last post. . . I have two orders to finish instead of three!  Pics to come after blocking.

Speaking of blocking, I was quite frustrated with trying to block knitted-in-the-round pieces & was at a loss.  Until Ruth, from Rock + Purl, posted this fabulous tutorial on how to block seamless garments.  Just in the nick of time.

Speaking of Ruth from Rock + Purl, has anyone ever heard how much I am in love with Glacial?

I.  Must.  Knit.  This.

In a dark chocolate brown.

Maybe that should be a reward incentive to get all the things knitted. . .

There's the two items mentioned above, plus socks for Princess #1, Ethereal Shawl for my MIL (that I thought was for me.), and my sister's b-day hat (her b-day was Friday. . . )

Speaking of Sister's B-Day Hat, I finished plying the yarn tonight.  So proud that I actually spun all 409 yards longdraw!  Most of it is a nice, soft worsted-ish weight.  Little bits here and there are a bit thicker, and others are a bit thinner.  Overall, it's quite nice!


I spun it from a blended batt of merino/silk/angelina I got from Crystal Creek Fibers in the Apricot colorway. It will soon be made into the fabulous Side Slip Cloche by Laura Irwin.

After I finish those two other projects. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment