French Roses Background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping It All Up

In less than 5 hours, we here in CST will be saying good-bye to 2011. . .

A lot has happened this year.  One of the most significant: I opened an Etsy shop!! While sales of completed items have been slow, I've been busy knitting special orders since August.  So busy that no one on my knit gift list got a single thing!

It all started with Geaux Tigers. . .
Photobucket

Next, I was asked to create a felted hat in black much like this Felted Irish Whiskey cap I have listed in my shop.

I also got to try my hand at stranded colorwork by designing & knitting Kate and Alpine.

Photobucket

Let's not forget I had a birthday in there somewhere!  My wonderful husband ordered the spinning wheel I had been pining for the last 2 years.  The Honey Bee is a handcrafted double-treadle wheel that folds away for easy storage.  I absolutely love it!  As soon as it arrived, I unpacked it, put it together & grabbed  my bag of Jacob rolags I had prepped at least 8 months earlier. . . I immediately spun up 74 yards of Jacob wool 2-ply.  So soft & loverly!  The next day I tried my hand at supported long draw with my favorite alpaca/merino/silk blend from Crystal Creek Fibers. This is so soft, with just enough angelina to make it sparkle.
Photobucket

Christmas orders started rolling in and Sherwood Forest was born.  Knit in a traditional fir stitch that flows into a leaf motif, this is one of my favorite pieces so far!
Photobucket

After completing all the "Christmas Deadline" projects, I took a little mindless knitting with me to East Texas over the Christmas holiday - My precious MIL claimed it almost immediately.  At every opportunity, she was commenting on how much she liked the colors of the yarn, then wanted to see how the pattern was coming.  The pattern, Ethereal Triangle Shawl by Lakshmi Juneja, is truly amazing!  I'll only be knitting on it now in between other projects.  

Now with only a few short hours remaining in 2011, I believe I will join my Princesses in their tea party.

Here's wishing you and yours a very happy and productive 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment