French Roses Background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting Organized

With school having begun everywhere across the nation, most parents are heaving a sigh of relief.  Most days will begin the same: Wake up the household, make breakfast, pack lunches, sign permission slips, check homework, see kids to school, enjoy a cuppa in peace. At least that's the way I imagine it.

In my house, it usually starts like this: Brew a cuppa, wake the Princesses, make breakfast, gather school books, gather Princesses, begin lessons.  There is still the daily cooking, cleaning, washing stuff to do.  There are still co-op classes to be taken to.  The list goes on & on.  Homeschooling is not for the faint-of-heart.  Don't get me wrong, I love teaching my children from the comforts of my own home,  However, it can get kinda hectic!  Creating routines makes things run much smoother.

Unfortunately, there is something inside of me that really doesn't like being told what to do every waking moment of my life.  According to the results of the recent Personality/Temperament test I took, that's because I'm extremely Choleric in the Control areas of my life.  Thank you, Victor Alba.  Now I can officially blame it on something.

The good news is: I hate chaos even more!  I have decided to control my To-Do's and not let them control me!  That's what I like about FlyLady.  She taught me that, as long as I am consistent, doing a little bit at a time can get the job done.  Since I found the Cozi app for my iPhone, I am loving it even more!  I can easily schedule various tasks & events, then assign who in my family should be involved.  It's like having a dry-erase Family Calendar that sends out reminders!  I even found something to help me keep track of lessons & grading (Homeschool Skedtrack.) 

Basically, I like gadgets to help me stay on track.

I have decided to organize my blog posts, too. Regularly discussed topics will be "Technique" on Tuesdays and "What's on my Needles" on Thursdays, with a little bit of other stuff in between.

Come back tomorrow to see what I've been working on - you're gonna love it!

1 comment:

  1. Ah....I remember my days as a homeschool student! They were wonderful. Reading your post brought back memories :)

    ReplyDelete