French Roses Background

Friday, August 19, 2011

One Last Hurrah

Does everyone else have a hard time planning a "Big Family Weekend", or is it just my family?

Last Thanksgiving, my two sisters & I, and our respective spouses & children were at our parents house. Someone came up with the brilliant idea that we take a weekend the following summer and rent a beach house. My little sister, Charity was tasked with the extremely difficult & thankless task of finding the one magic weekend that would fit everyone's schedule AND find a house we could all afford. Needless to say, this the last weekend of summer (school starts Monday, and according to my Princesses, summer is over the minute school starts), and we are finally having our "Big Family Weekend".

Now some of you reading might ask, "What does ANY of that have to do with knitting, design, spinning, etc.?!"

Aside from getting some time in the sand & sea, I also plan on finishing Clue #3 of Mystery Sock KAL I'm participating in (view my progress here).  I have to say, I really love Jenn's (of Knitting Like Crazy fame) designs.  In fact, she inspired me to design & write my own sock pattern!  (Hmmmmm. . . . maybe a pattern giveaway in the future?) 

If I'm lucky, I might get another repeat or two done on my Maikell Scarf - this one will soon be available from my upcoming etsy site. 

Until next week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment